Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Getting started as a SU demonstrator.


I signed up to be SU demonstrator in Feb 08. I have been dying to become one forever but decided to wait till after my husband got stationed somewhere. So after living out here in Fort Lewis, WA for about 4 months, I was having some serious SU workshop withdraws. So I did a search for a local demonstrator and up popped Nicole Gunter and luckily for me she is also an Army wife and lives right here on post. She had a Stamp-a-Stack scheduled for Super Bowl Sunday so I immediatly signed up. I new about the deal for signing up during SAB so I was pretty much already sold on signing up but I didnt just want to sign up under just anyone, I wanted someone who could help me get out there and meet people. Someone who has experience and talent. Well....lets just say I hit the jack pot and signed up with her not even a week later. So Im super excited about getting started, I have a million ideas and cant wait to get out there. One little tinny problem...I knew like maybe 4 people in the area and thats was only because of the married to the army forum Im a member of. So you can guess I had quite a time trying to get started. I held my 1st workshop on Feb 23rd. Not one soul showed up :( . Next I had another workshop on March 8th, one girl canceled due to back problems and only one girl showed up. Though we still had alot of fun and ended up cooking burgers on the grill :) . So then I had an Open House on March 14th. I had two gals show up and one made my 1st order and booked my 1st workshop. Soooooo excited!!!!!!!!!!! So here are the cards I demoed at the two events.

Recipe: Stamps: Year after Year(heart), Define your life (lucky)

Ink: Garden Green

Paper: Garden Green, Kraft. In the actual workshop I used Certainly Celery instead of Kraft.

Accessories: Apricot Appeal ribbon



Recipe: (image on top)Match Box Easter Basket Card

Stamps and Inks: NONE!!!

Paper: Kraft, Certainly Celery, Sky Blue, Prints Design Paper-Rose Red, Almost Amethyst, So Saffron

Accessories: Small and Large Oval Punch, Tab Punch, Sky Blue ribbon, Staple


No comments: